A Rotary of Club SHOUT OUT to Old Man Winter. You've done it BIG GUY! You've arrived and have knocked it out of the park!
Have a SHOUT OUT you wish to share?
Send submissions to Craig Beytien at firstname.lastname@example.org. Photos are requested if possible!
Latest Press Releases
- November 21, 2014 -- Humanitarian and Philanthropic Grants 2014
- June 11, 2014 -- Ride N Roll
- June 5, 2014 -- Humanitarian Grants
Member Photos Directory
Click Here to view our membership listing.
Humanitarian Grant Recipients 2014-2015
The Rotary Club of Dubuque is proud to announce the recipients of the 2014-2015 Humanitarian Grants!
|St. Luke's United|
|WI Badger Camp||$1,000|
|Mary's Inn Maternity House||$2,000|
|YMCA New Beginnings||$2,000|
Bylaws and Committee Guidelines / Procedures
The Dubuque Rotary is governed by Bylaws which have been approved by our membership. The link to the bylaws is below. In addition, you will find links to procedures/guidelines for some of the committees in our club. Additional guidelines/procedures will be added in the future as they are created.
Dubuque Rotary Bylaws
(adopted by club vote 05-20-14)
Recent Meeting News
The Rotary Rambler – December 16, 2014 Created and Submitted by Steve Davis, Club Secretary, and Eric Hilbun, Club President
Guests and Visiting and Rotarians: Jessica Pape hosted Josh Connolly, a Clarke Student and intern at St. Mark Youth Enrichment Center. Jim Schilling brought guest Scott Hoekman of Next Level Ventures out of Des Moines. Steve Hamilton hosted his good friend, Markleanne Bradley. Sara Peterson, Acting Director of Multicultural Center, was the guest of Barbara Barker. Jim Schneider brought fellow funeral directors with Hoffman-Schneider Funeral, Alanza Lake and Mark Mier. Finally, Nate Zitelman of Fidelity Bank & Trust and Daniel Moore with Barton Wealth Management were guests of Emily McCready. We hope all of our guests had a great time and will consider visiting again!
Membership Welfare: Kent Renier mentioned that Ken Snodgrass is doing really well and that we may see him at the meeting next week.
Happy Dollars or Happy $5s: Eric Hilbun donated $5 to promote the Chamber Business PM at DuTrac Credit Union on Holiday Drive going on tonight from 5-7pm. There will be an ugly Christmas sweater contest going on so please stop in and check out the newly remodeled DuTrac branch. Dan McCarthy & Chad Wolbers each threw in $5 guilt dollars for not showing up to do raffle last week. Thanks for being stand up guys!
Paul Harris Fellow Recognition: Larry Loeppke recognized Steve Hamilton for his Paul Harris +1 designation. His original PHF was achieved in 1993 in his hometown club in South Bend, IN. All the beneficiaries of the Rotary International Foundation thank you Steve!
PHF Promotion: Larry also reported we now have 97 members who are PHF or have committed to making the leap this year. Only three more to go to meet the goal of having 100 PHF at 100 years of Rotary Dubuque! If you are interested in becoming a Paul Harris Fellow and want to take advantage of the dollar for dollar, up to $500, match towards a PHF designation, please let myself or Larry (email@example.com) know and we will give you the details…only two weeks left for this promotion.
- The club board is now accepting nominations for three expiring board seats and Vice President for the 20156-2016 Rotary year. Reza Ehtessabian, Bob Grierson, and Dave Weber’s terms will be ending at the end of June of 2015. Steve Geisz is the current President-Elect and Teri Fairchild is the current Vice President. Nominations will be accepted from now until the end of the meeting on December 30th. After the close of the nomination period, and after the nominees have agreed to serve if elected, the names of the nominees will be posted online and you will be able to vote. Further detailed instructions will follow after nomination window closes. If you are interested in learning more about serving on the board or as Vice President, please email me or any current member of the board.
- Salvation Army: Reza Ehtessabian very generously agreed to match dollar for dollar what the club members gave towards the Salvation Army kettle today and I am pleased to announce that the club gave over $270.00. Way to go Rotarians and thank you very much Reza!
- Food for the Soul - Glenn Lichti asked for volunteers for this Saturday at Food for the Soul. Please email him if you can serve. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Santa Cash – Terri Raymond announced that 207 tickets were sold and then, thanks to the continued generosity of great club members, additional tickets were purchased on the spot. Please help the club and the Santa Cash Committee reach their goal of 225 tickets sold. You can still purchase tickets until this Friday, 12/19. Winners will be drawn and announced on that day. Please contact Terri at email@example.com or Wendy Scardino at firstname.lastname@example.org if you still want to purchase or sell a ticket.
Josh Jasper from Resources Unite was our speaker. Resource Unite has a directory of different types of services available in our community. Their mission is to connect people to resources as well as to volunteer opportunities. The philosophy of RU is to be a starting point for people who want to get involved but don’t know where to start. They also showcase non-profit organizations that provide services in our community…like Rotary! The Resources Unite website is www.resourcesunite.com. I would encourage all Rotarians to check it out.
Next Week’s Program: Special holiday presentation by actors from the Grand Opera House.
Christmas Party – Friday, 12/19 at 530PM at The Grand River Center – River Room. There will be a Christmas Party Rotarian Choir practice tonight at 5:30 at the GRC if you’re interested. At the party we will have appetizers, cash bar, and Paul Hemmer playing the piano so come on down for some holiday cheer with your Rotarian family.
The Four Way Test: Is it the TRUTH? Is it FAIR to all concerned? Will it build GOOD WILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS? Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?
Yours in Rotary,
Our fellow Rotarian, Gary Olsen, does a phenomenal job of recording audio and capturing on film all the fun we have at the weekly meetings. He works closely with Kevin Lynch’s firm, Net Smart, to keep our clubs website as a clear leader across all Rotary websites. If you missed the meeting or want to reminisce, I encourage you to check out the audio, and sometimes video, of the weekly meetings on www.dubuquerotary.org.
The Dubuque Rotary's weekly meeting is:
Next Tuesday, December 23, 2014 at Noon
Meetings are held at:
Dubuque Golf & Country Club
1800 Randall Place
Dubuque, IA 52003