The club congratulates Wendy Scardino, who's white paper on Three Essential Components for a Strong Nonprofit Website was published and shared with over 30,000 members worldwide of the Association of Fundraising Professionals Information Exchange.
Have a SHOUT OUT you wish to share?
Send submissions to Craig Beytien at email@example.com. Photos are requested if possible!
Humanitarian Grant Applications
Dear Community Friends: The application for Humanitarian Grants is now available! We will accept applications until Friday, August 1, 2014 at 4:00 pm.
The Humanitarian Committee awards funds to deserving entitles who demonstrate a specific need. These funds are not for general operations, but rather designed to accomplish a specific goal or project that serves your intended audience. Funds are limited and we ask that your request not exceed $3,000.
We appreciate your interest in Dubuque Rotary and look forward to hearing from you at that time.
Sincere regards, Matt Strelo - Humanitarian Grant Chair
Latest Press ReleasesView More
Member Photos Directory
Click Here to view our membership listing.
Dubuque Rotary Bylaws
The Dubuque Rotary is governed by Bylaws which has been approved by our membership. Please click here to view them.
Dubuque Rotary Bylaws
(adopted by club vote 05-20-14)
Attention Past Presidents!
There will be a Past Presidents dinner held on Tuesday August 19th from 5:00 to 7:00 in Salon Room A at the Grand Harbor. The agenda will be as follows:
|5:00-5:30||Cocktails and snacks. Each attendee will receive two free drink tickets compliments of Steve Geisz and the Grand Harbor. Additional drinks will be cash bar.|
|5:30-6:00||Dinner catered by Tony Roma’s. Steak, baked potato and salad.|
|6:00-6:10||Opening comments by Mike Loveless and Kevin Lynch|
|6:10-6:30||Remarks by Club President Eric Hilbun|
|6:30-7:00||Open discussion by attendees. This is intended to be a constructive and positive dialog between our Club President Eric and the Past Presidents|
RSVP’s must be submitted by Friday August 15th by emailing Kevin Lynch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recent Meeting News
The Rotary Rambler - July 29, 2014 Submitted by Eric Hilbun – Rotary Club of Dubuque Rotary President – 2014/2015
Visiting Guests and Rotarians: Shawn Bromen brought Rachel Smith who has visited a couple of times before. Mike Loveless hosted Okita Koyi Lundula, his friend and the pastor of Mike’s church. Both Rachel and Okita may be interested in become members of our great club. Thank you to Shawn and Mike for bringing prospective members. Mike was also joined by his wife Cheri Loveless. Lauren Schuelter, a Rotary Youth Exchange Candidate, visited our club and was introduced by Larry Loeppke. Larry also introduced Mary Purdy and Elizabeth Daley. Mary and her husband Jim, and their children, were very involved in Rotary Youth Exchange over the years and Elizabeth is the District Youth Exchange Coordinator. We thank the Purdy’s for all of their hard work and sacrifice for making this world a better place by hosting students and allowing their children to make a positive lifetime impact on other parts of the world. We look forward to Elizabeth’s help in making our Youth Exchange program expand and become even better.
Weekly Raffle: Thank you to Danita Grant and Ken Buesing for running our raffle this week and encouraging our members to raise $62. Ron Schardt is now $3 richer, Tony Z is $2 richer, and Loras Bleile is 1 tax free dollar ahead of Uncle Sam. Remember these dollars go to fund the RYLA scholarships we give out each year. Thank you all for your support.
Shout Outs: Please send them to Craig Beytien so that your great accomplishments or good news can be spread around the world.
- ALL Past Presidents are invited to the Past Presidents Dinner on Tuesday, August 19th at the Grand Harbor Hotel, Platinum A. Drinks and snacks will start at 5 pm, followed by dinner and discussion. The meeting should end by 7pm. More details are on www.dubuquerotary.org.
- Please remember to encourage all of your favorite 501c3 organizations to apply for a Humanitarian Grant through our website. Applications are due by 8/1/14 at 4pm. Matt said he has about 13 applications so far. We are giving away $15,000 so we have plenty to go around...until we’re out.
- Bob Woodward reminded us that the committee is actively planning the Fall Golf Outing set for September 4th at the Dubuque Golf & Country Club. Please contribute in any way you can, specifically by getting a foursome together for golf, sponsoring a hole, planning on eating dinner that evening, donating or bidding on a LIVE and silent auction item, or all of the above. Please go to www.dubuquerotary.org for more details
- There is a Program Co-Chairperson opportunity open for anyone who would like to help Tony Z plan and schedule our weekly programs. Please email Tony or myself with questions or interest in helping in this very important part of our meetings.
- Andrea Beacham wanted me to remind everyone that there are spots open on Friday, August 1st and Saturday, August 2nd at 7:30PM to help serve beer and wine, which are both forms of alcohol, at the showing of The Producers at the Grand Opera Theater. The money we raise from the sale of beer and wine at the Grand go to help our fundraising efforts. I attend the showing of The Producers this past Saturday and it was AWESOME!!! Please let Andrea know if you have interest.
Fun and Frolic: Dave Solberg held an impromptu business meeting where he shared the Fun and Frolic guidelines and how the current and past Presidents have made their mark on the club. I am not sure but I think he was making fun of us.
Program: Andrea Beacham gave a great message on the importance of Rotary Youth Exchange and following her, Nadia Loeppke, Andrea and Larry Loeppke’s daughter, enlightened us with pictures and descriptions of her Rotary Youth Exchange year in Paraguay. Nadia gave a great presentation and also a very simple, but powerful message about friendship leading to world peace. Please check out her presentation on Dubuquerotary.org.
Next Week: University of Iowa neurologist Dr. Steven Anderson will speak on "The Aging Brain in the Workplace," discussing the latest findings from neuroscience regarding physical changes to the brain as we get older, the effect of an aging brain on cognition, and the impact this has on job performance.
One Last Word: “Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.” - Albert Einstein
Yours in Rotary, Eric Hilbun