Merry Christmas from the Rotary Club of Dubuque! Here is a video clip of the Senior High School Madrigal Singers who have performed for our club annually for more years than anyone can remember. Under the direction of Steve Slade, vocal music director at Dubuque Senior High, the group is resplendent in authentic hand made costumes of satin and brocade. It's magnificent.
Considering all the wonderful things Rotary Club does in the community and the world, no wonder people in the community who want to make a difference join Rotary Club. This is a special sneak peak video and the first of several "Centennial Minutes" featuring members of Rotary Club telling how and why they joined Rotary Club. Produced by Sandi Helgerson and Gary Olsen.
Click Here to Pay Annual Dues
If you would like to pay your dues by credit card for the July 2015 - June 2016 year, please use PayPal and pay the full year’s dues.
There will be a $10 convenience fee added to cover finance charges for a total of $235.
Member Photos Directory
Click Here to view our membership listing.
Bylaws and Committee Guidelines / Procedures
The Dubuque Rotary is governed by Bylaws which have been approved by our membership. The link to the bylaws is below. In addition, you will find links to procedures/guidelines for some of the committees in our club. Additional guidelines/procedures will be added in the future as they are created.
Dubuque Rotary Bylaws
(adopted by club vote 12-2-14)
Recent Meeting News
The Rotary Rambler - January 10, 2017 Created and Submitted by Steve Davis, President-Elect
- by Tim Moothart
Guests and Visiting Rotarians:
- Mary Ann Gassman
- Les Oelke hosted Paul Pfohl
- Guy Gard hosted Frank Zahn
- Tim Moothart hosted John Bustle who will soon be inducted
- Thank you to Steve Geisz for helping with the raffle and raising funds for RYLA.
- PechaKucha Night Dubuque: PechaKucha is a social event where 8-10 presenters share their passion through 20 photos with a 20-second commentary of each photo. It will be held January 26th from 7pm to 10pm at Steeple Square and a few volunteers are needed to help Rotary sell beverages to the crowd. Reach out to Emily McCready if you're interested.
- Wahlert Interact: Steve Geisz provided an update on the happenings of the Wahlert club led by Stacey May. Their club is 90-100 members strong and have been busy serving meals for the needy and planning their upcoming Dance Marathon.
- Million Pennies: after a short break to give way for the Salvation Army's efforts, the Million Pennies committee is ramping up efforts to reach the $10,000 fundraising goal by the fiscal year end. Thanks to the contributions of many (including Rotarians, local business and a new sponsor, the Sirk Family Foundation), we have about $3500 to go before reaching the goal.
- Paul Harris Fellow Recognition: Larry Loeppke recognized Marian Walker with her Paul Harris +6 and John Donovan with his Paul Harris +7 pins. Thank you to Marian and John for your continued contributions to Rotary.
- Exchange Student Update: Pat Udzielak shared an update from Sam Erickson, our exchange student in Spain. Sam noted that she is spending time in the Pyrenees where the temperatures are actually fairly moderate considering the mountain environment and she's adjusting to the lack of WIFI in her village. We look forward to her return this summer and hope she will share many more of her experiences with us.
- Rotary Club of Dubuque Elections for 2017-18: the voting has begun! Thanks to everyone who is willing to serve on the board and as our next VP. All members will have the chance to vote at the meeting next week or online through next Tuesday (January 17th). Watch for an email with a link and reminder.
- Fun & Frolic: Paul Hemmer helped warm up the crowd; although the room may have been divided with the bit about the Chicago Bears!
Keith Rahe, President /CEO of the Dubuque Convention & Visitor's Bureau visited with lots of great information about what make Dubuque a great place to live work and visit. Thank you, Keith!
And thank you to Madam President, Teri, for allowing me to stand in for her today. We look forward to having you back next week!
Our fellow Rotarian, Gary Olsen, does a phenomenal job of recording audio and capturing on film all the fun we have at the weekly meetings. He works closely with Kevin Lynch's firm, Net Smart, to keep our club's website as a clear leader across all Rotary websites. If you missed the meeting or want to reminisce, I encourage you to check out the audio, and sometimes video, of the weekly meetings on www.dubuquerotary.org.
The Dubuque Rotary's weekly meeting is:
Next Tuesday, January 17, 2017 at Noon
Meetings are held at:
Dubuque Golf & Country Club
1800 Randall Place
Dubuque, IA 52003