Considering all the wonderful things Rotary Club does in the community and the world, no wonder people in the community who want to make a difference join Rotary Club. This is a special sneak peak video and the first of several "Centennial Minutes" featuring members of Rotary Club telling how and why they joined Rotary Club. Produced by Sandi Helgerson and Gary Olsen.
Latest Press ReleasesView More
Member Photos Directory
Click Here to view our membership listing.
Bylaws and Committee Guidelines / Procedures
The Dubuque Rotary is governed by Bylaws which have been approved by our membership. The link to the bylaws is below. In addition, you will find links to procedures/guidelines for some of the committees in our club. Additional guidelines/procedures will be added in the future as they are created.
Dubuque Rotary Bylaws
(adopted by club vote 12-2-14)
Recent Meeting News
The Rotary Rambler - April 26, 2016 Created and Submitted by Steve Davis, Club Secretary, and Steve Geisz, President
Guests & Visting Rotarians:
- Janelle Radloff, to be inducted today - sponsored by Ken Snodgrass
- Janette Fiedler - a Rotarian from the Cedar Rapids West club
- Thomas VonAh - hosted by Teri Fairchild
- Wendy Steffen - hosted by Sandi Helgerson
- Golf Outing! Les Oelke and Nick Goodman are looking for committee members to help plan the 2016 Rotary Club of Dubuque Golf outing on Monday, June 6th at Thunder Hills. Foursomes: start putting your groups together and include a couple of non-Rotarian Friends. Raffle: items are being collected for the raffle. Please donate by bringing items to the Tuesday meetings.
- Super Shot Saturday - the date is set for Saturday, May 14th. Throughout the morning and with the help of the VNA, Rotary will provide immunizations to dozens of children in need. Volunteers are needed to help coordinate and console the kids. Reach out to Mike Loveless if you can help out for an hour or two.
- ARC Games - Save the date: Friday, June 24th for the annual ARC Games. Rotarians are needed to help serve beverages and as participants on the Rotary Rascal team competing in the games. Tim Moothart has the sign-up sheets ready to go!
- Sandi Helgerson reported the next new member orientation is scheduled Tuesday, May 3rd at 11 am at the Dubuque Golf & Country Club - immediately preceding the regular club meeting that day.
New Member InductionInducted Tuesday was Janelle Radloff sponsored by Ken Snodgrass. Welcome Janelle!
Sharon Covey grew up in the Chicago area. After a mentor encouraged her to start her own business at a young age, she successfully ran a floral shop in Chicago Heights. Feeling like she missed out on the college experience, Sharon returned to school to earn a master's degree. Her career path landed her at the YMCA where she worked into the role of Senior Director of Development in Madison, WI. She married Todd Jackson and together, they moved back to Dubuque as she accepted the CEO role at the Dubuque Community YMCA/YWCA. Many good things are happing with the Y today including a restructured board and plans for
Melissa Neuhaus joined us from the Boy Scouts, NE Iowa Counsel to discuss the Exploring Program that is offered to kids age 14-20. The program is a career exploration program that allows male and female students and young adults to get a hands-on feel for a specific career. More than an internship or job shadow, the students are fully immersed in jobs such as developing apps, tearing down engines with certified auto mechanics, creating up-do's on mannequins and helping to conduct programs at a fish hatchery, to name a few. The program partners with local business and nine area high schools to offer the programs that are of most interest to the students. Businesses benefit because it builds teamwork within their organization; employees benefit because they learn by teaching and need to be experts in their fields of work; and it allows students to explore a career before committing to the cost of college education or other training towards a career.
Thanks, Melissa for your presentation.
Yours in Rotary,
Our fellow Rotarian, Gary Olsen, does a phenomenal job of recording audio and capturing on film all the fun we have at the weekly meetings. He works closely with Kevin Lynch's firm, Net Smart, to keep our club's website as a clear leader across all Rotary websites. If you missed the meeting or want to reminisce, I encourage you to check out the audio, and sometimes video, of the weekly meetings on www.dubuquerotary.org.
The Dubuque Rotary's weekly meeting is:
Next Tuesday, May 3, 2016 at Noon
Meetings are held at:
Dubuque Golf & Country Club
1800 Randall Place
Dubuque, IA 52003