Considering all the wonderful things Rotary Club does in the community and the world, no wonder people in the community who want to make a difference join Rotary Club. This is a special sneak peak video and the first of several "Centennial Minutes" featuring members of Rotary Club telling how and why they joined Rotary Club. Produced by Sandi Helgerson and Gary Olsen.
Latest Press ReleasesView More
Member Photos Directory
Click Here to view our membership listing.
Bylaws and Committee Guidelines / Procedures
The Dubuque Rotary is governed by Bylaws which have been approved by our membership. The link to the bylaws is below. In addition, you will find links to procedures/guidelines for some of the committees in our club. Additional guidelines/procedures will be added in the future as they are created.
Dubuque Rotary Bylaws
(adopted by club vote 12-2-14)
Recent Meeting News
The Rotary Rambler - May 17, 2016 Created and Submitted by Steve Davis, Club Secretary, and Steve Geisz, President
Guests & Visting Rotarians:
- Clyde Killian has applied for membership and is sponsored by Chuck Andracchio
- Ben Graham has also applied and is sponsored by Loras Bleile
- Haofei Du & Kanade Wantanabe were hosted by Sudhir Koneru
- Ron Hughes also joined us and was hosted by Larry Loeppke
- Golfers and non-golfers alike will enjoy a laid-back day on the links on Monday, June 6th during the Rotary Club of Dubuque Golf outing. Get your foursomes together and registered now as the date quickly approaches. This is a great opportunity to play a private course AND support Rotary at the same time. Foursomes are $500 and includes a hole sponsorship. Brochures are available and the committee would sincerely appreciate you distributing them in your business or to your network to make the community aware of the event.
- Super Shot Saturday - Mike Loveless thanks the volunteers from this past Saturday. 74 kids were immunized with the help of 22 member volunteers including our two exchange students. This service project will be featured in an upcoming piece in the Telegraph Herald.
- ARC Games - Save the date: Friday, June 24th for the annual ARC Games. Rotarians are needed to help serve beverages and as participants on the Rotary Rascal team competing in the games. Tim Moothart has the sign-up sheets ready to go!
- America's River Festival - We also have an opportunity to serve on June 10th & 11th at the America's River Festival. Grab a few friends and help serve for a couple of hours and enjoy show in the process! The 6:30pm to 8:30pm and 8:30pm to 11:30pm shifts each night are in the greatest need of support at this point.
Bill Albrecht joined U.S. Army after graduating high school in 1966. Within a year was in Special Forces training and earned the title of Captain shortly thereafter. Bill told the captivating story of some of the time he spent in Vietnam in 1969 defending a military outpost near the Cambodia border. Surrounded by an enemy force of an estimate 6000 soldiers, Bill was charged with protecting the base along with its 124 personnel. After fighting tooth and nail for five days, Bill and his soldiers were forced to abandon the base in attempt to save their own lives.
The result and more detailed version of the story is available in his book Abandoned in Hell which he graciously signed for many Rotary members after the meeting.
Thank you, Bill.
Yours in Rotary,
Our fellow Rotarian, Gary Olsen, does a phenomenal job of recording audio and capturing on film all the fun we have at the weekly meetings. He works closely with Kevin Lynch's firm, Net Smart, to keep our club's website as a clear leader across all Rotary websites. If you missed the meeting or want to reminisce, I encourage you to check out the audio, and sometimes video, of the weekly meetings on www.dubuquerotary.org.
ARC Games Volunteer
The Dubuque Rotary's weekly meeting is:
Today at Noon
Meetings are held at:
Dubuque Golf & Country Club
1800 Randall Place
Dubuque, IA 52003