Humanitarian GrantsRotary Club of Dubuque
Humanitarian Grant Application Now Available
Click Here to View
Considering all the wonderful things Rotary Club does in the community and the world, no wonder people in the community who want to make a difference join Rotary Club. This is a special sneak peak video and the first of several "Centennial Minutes" featuring members of Rotary Club telling how and why they joined Rotary Club. Produced by Sandi Helgerson and Gary Olsen.
Click Here to Pay Annual Dues
If you would like to pay your dues by credit card for the July 2015 - June 2016 year, please use PayPal and pay the full year’s dues.
There will be a $10 convenience fee added to cover finance charges for a total of $235.
Member Photos Directory
Click Here to view our membership listing.
Bylaws and Committee Guidelines / Procedures
The Dubuque Rotary is governed by Bylaws which have been approved by our membership. The link to the bylaws is below. In addition, you will find links to procedures/guidelines for some of the committees in our club. Additional guidelines/procedures will be added in the future as they are created.
Dubuque Rotary Bylaws
(adopted by club vote 12-2-14)
Recent Meeting News
The Rotary Rambler - September 19, 2017 Created and Submitted by Steve Davis, President
- by Dave Solberg
- Thank you to Angie Herting & Mary Ann Gassman. They raised $85 today!
- Highway Cleanup: The fall cleanup will take place this Saturday! A reminder if you volunteered to help, the group will meet at 9am at the St. Catherine Church parking lot which is about 6 miles south of Key West on Highway 52. A reception will follow at Jon Lucksteadâ€™s house just down the road.
- Million Pennies: The group has made very good progress over the past couple of weeks. Thank you to Kim Adams for volunteering to chair the committee this year. The committee will be pursuing sponsorships and preparing to launch the campaign in earnest in a few months.
- Youth Exchange: Our club has the honor of welcoming all 11 of the inbound exchange students in Dubuque on November 11 and 12. Their weekend will include time spent at the National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium (thanks to Erin & Wendy), seeing a performance at UD in which all Rotarians are welcome to attend with discounted tickets available (more info to come) and will also have some fun on Sunday at the Grand Harbor Waterpark (thank you to Steve Geisz). A couple of host families are needed yet for the night of November 11th. Please reach out to Danita Grant if youâ€™re able to take in a student or two for the night.
- Humanitarian Grants:A huge thank you to John Donovan and the humanitarian grants committee for the time they spent reviewing 27 applications and request for $80,000. In all, the committee identified 13 worthwhile projects to fund with the $20,000 we had available this year. Applying organizations are being notified this week so the full list of recipients will be made available next week.
- Paul Harris Fellow recognition: Congratulations to Mary Ann Gassmann for becoming a PHF +2. Mary Ann contributes countless hours of her time to the club and actively participates in nearly every event (if not all of them!).
- Honorary Membership: The club presented Gene Gordon with an honorary membership. Gene has been a Rotarian for 53 years and, with some medical issues preventing him from being able to join most meetings, the club recognized his years of service and dedication to Rotary with the honorary membership. Thank you to Kathy Kurt and Geneâ€™s wife, Ginny, for making the arrangements to have Gene present
The program Tuesday exemplified why itâ€™s easy for us to continue to support our youth programs! Samantha Erickson who is now a senior at Dubuque Senior High, provided a summary of her experience as our outbound exchange student to Spain last year. After listening to Sam, itâ€™s clear that she dove into this experience head-first and never looked back. She certainly made the most of her year and it was great to hear how thankful she was for Rotary and our clubâ€™s sponsorship of her exchange. Thank you, Sam!
In Rotary Service,
Our fellow Rotarian, Gary Olsen, does a phenomenal job of recording audio and capturing on film all the fun we have at the weekly meetings. He works closely with Kevin Lynch's firm, Net Smart, to keep our club's website as a clear leader across all Rotary websites. If you missed the meeting or want to reminisce, I encourage you to check out the audio, and sometimes video, of the weekly meetings on www.dubuquerotary.org.
The Dubuque Rotary's weekly meeting is:
Next Tuesday, September 26, 2017 at Noon
Meetings are held at:
Dubuque Golf & Country Club
1800 Randall Place
Dubuque, IA 52003