America's River Art Project
Considering all the wonderful things Rotary Club does in the community and the world, no wonder people in the community who want to make a difference join Rotary Club. This is a special sneak peak video and the first of several "Centennial Minutes" featuring members of Rotary Club telling how and why they joined Rotary Club. Produced by Sandi Helgerson and Gary Olsen.
Click Here to Pay Annual Dues
If you would like to pay your dues by credit card for the July 2015 - June 2016 year, please use PayPal and pay the full year’s dues.
There will be a $10 convenience fee added to cover finance charges for a total of $235.
Member Photos Directory
Click Here to view our membership listing.
Bylaws and Committee Guidelines / Procedures
The Dubuque Rotary is governed by Bylaws which have been approved by our membership. The link to the bylaws is below. In addition, you will find links to procedures/guidelines for some of the committees in our club. Additional guidelines/procedures will be added in the future as they are created.
Dubuque Rotary Bylaws
(adopted by club vote 12-2-14)
Recent Meeting News
The Rotary Rambler - September 20, 2016 Submitted by Teri Fairchild - Rotary Club of Dubuque Rotary President
Pledge of Allegiance
- Led by Bob Casper
- By Steve Geisz
Guests and Visiting Rotarians:
- Mary Ann Gassman
- Barbara Barker hosted Diane King
- Wendy Scardino hosted Kari Nickol
- Jim Schilling hosted Bryan Pelletier, Ruth and John Becker
- Marcia Daszko was a visiting Rotarian from the Santa Clara, CA club
- Danita Grant hosted our inbound exchange student Andres Risso from Argentina
- Barbara Barker and Doug Stilling helped raise $78 for scholarships
Paul Harris Fellow Recognition
- Larry Loeppke presented a Paul Harris Fellow membership certificate and pin to Bryan Pelletier on behalf of Jim Schilling. A big thank you to Jim for recognizing and honoring his friend Bryan with this special honor.
- Roadside Clean-Up: Chuck Andracchio thanked the volunteers who cleaned up the Rotary Club of Dubuque stretch of Hwy 52 last Saturday
- Million Pennies Campaign: Mark Bodensteiner reported that the club will refrain from promoting the million pennies campaign between November-December in recognition of the Salvation Army donation period. The campaign will resume in January. Keep saving your pennies!
- Youth Exchange: Andres Risso needs a ride to Marshalltown on Friday, Sept. 23. Please contact Danita Grant at email@example.com or call her at 563-556-4011 if you can give him a ride.
All Rotarians are invited to attend the District Rotary Foundation Meeting in Dubuque on Friday, Sept. 23 at 10am at Dubuque Golf & Country Club. Rotarians can make a pledge between September 23-December 31, 2016 and receive special matching opportunities in honor of the 100-year celebration. Options are listed below:
- I would like to celebrate the 100th birthday of The Rotary Foundation by donating $26.50 to The Rotary Foundation (the same amount contributed to start the Paul Harris foundation.) Donations made by Tuesday receive a FREE mousepad with the Rotary Foundation logo!
- I would like to celebrate the 100th birthday of The Rotary Foundation by donating $100 to The Rotary Foundation and have $100 matched in my name toward becoming a Paul Harris Fellow .*
- I would like to celebrate the 100th birthday of The Rotary Foundation by donating $500 to The Rotary Foundation and have $500 matched in my name and become a Paul Harris Fellow or add on to my Paul Harris Fellow. *
*Matching opportunity expires on December 31, 2016
Jan Powers from the Greater Dubuque Development Corporation informed club members about the main areas of focus for the GDDC-- Retention and recruitment of businesses to the market, workforce solutions, as a resource for small business, and sustainability. Jan works in the workforce area with assisting newcomers, working with local colleges and the local HR community. She updated us on the Distinctively Dubuque program that is offered to newcomers to the community who have been here 5 years or less. Thanks, Jan!
Yours in Rotary,
Our fellow Rotarian, Gary Olsen, does a phenomenal job of recording audio and capturing on film all the fun we have at the weekly meetings. He works closely with Kevin Lynch's firm, Net Smart, to keep our club's website as a clear leader across all Rotary websites. If you missed the meeting or want to reminisce, I encourage you to check out the audio, and sometimes video, of the weekly meetings on www.dubuquerotary.org.
The Dubuque Rotary's weekly meeting is:
Next Tuesday, September 27, 2016 at Noon
Meetings are held at:
Dubuque Golf & Country Club
1800 Randall Place
Dubuque, IA 52003