A Letter From GabbyHere is a letter from our Foreign Extange Student
Click Here To View Current Letter
Considering all the wonderful things Rotary Club does in the community and the world, no wonder people in the community who want to make a difference join Rotary Club. This is a special sneak peak video and the first of several "Centennial Minutes" featuring members of Rotary Club telling how and why they joined Rotary Club. Produced by Sandi Helgerson and Gary Olsen.
Click Here to Pay Annual Dues
If you would like to pay your dues by credit card for the July 2015 - June 2016 year, please use PayPal and pay the full year’s dues.
There will be a $10 convenience fee added to cover finance charges for a total of $235.
Member Photos Directory
Click Here to view our membership listing.
Bylaws and Committee Guidelines / Procedures
The Dubuque Rotary is governed by Bylaws which have been approved by our membership. The link to the bylaws is below. In addition, you will find links to procedures/guidelines for some of the committees in our club. Additional guidelines/procedures will be added in the future as they are created.
Dubuque Rotary Bylaws
(adopted by club vote 12-2-14)
Recent Meeting News
The Rotary Rambler - February 20, 2018 Created and Submitted by Steve Davis, President
- By Pat Udzielak
- Angie Herting & Angie Mozena Raised $68 for RYLA
Thanks to our partnership with the Grand Opera House and the endless volunteer hours from our members (especially Andrea Beacham), we issued a grant in the amount of $2601.73. Frank McClain graciously accepted the grant on behalf of the Grand and encourages everyone to come see the updated space and stay for a show!
- Youth Exchange :Thanks to Emily & Andrew McCready for hosting our inbound student in the second half of the next school year! It's amazing that our club is so willing to provide these kids with unforgettable life experiences at their young ages. Also, please remember to include our current inbound student, Lisa Stoeller, in your family plans for the remainder of this school year. She is constantly looking for opportunities to have new experiences with our club members!
- Dubuque Food Pantry : Glenn Lichti is organizing another volunteer opportunity with the Dubuque Food Pantry on Saturday, March 17th. There is a need to organize the donations that are received from the Scouting for Food drive (Boy Scouts). Two shifts are available: 10am to 12:30pm or 12:30pm to 3:00pm on the 17th.
- Spring Raffle for Humanitarian GrantsJohn Donovan is making great progress on developing the prizes for the raffle to be held March 20th through April 24th. Ticket sales will be limited to 200 total at $100 each with a chance to win a trip to Quebec, Whistler, Bali, a Mediterranean cruise or Monaco. Other prizes include a weekend in Galena and a very nice gift certificate to Graham's. Let's start thinking about who in our circles would be interested in a chance at winning one of the amazing prizes.
- Tree Planting: The Rotary Club of Dubuque will be working with Dubuque Trees Forever to plant trees at 20-25 locations around Dubuque. As is the goal of RI President Ian Riseley, we'll be replacing ash trees that were removed from private property that were lost to the Emerald Ash Borer. Volunteers are needed to help with the planting and with less-physical roles such as homeowner education and providing hospitality for the volunteers. The date is Saturday, April 28th. Please let me know if you're able to help!
A wonderful insight into the Theisen's organization today from Brannon Dixon. Brannon touched on his personal background, the current state of retail and how Theisen's is positioning themselves in the e-commerce world that dominates the retail marketplace. An immensely informative program from one of Dubuque's premier organizations.
Next week we will welcome Joe Biba from the Creators of Hope program.
In Rotary Service,
Our fellow Rotarian, Gary Olsen, does a phenomenal job of recording audio and capturing on film all the fun we have at the weekly meetings. He works closely with Kevin Lynch's firm, Net Smart, to keep our club's website as a clear leader across all Rotary websites. If you missed the meeting or want to reminisce, I encourage you to check out the audio, and sometimes video, of the weekly meetings on www.dubuquerotary.org.
The Dubuque Rotary's weekly meeting is:
Next Tuesday, February 27, 2018 at Noon
Meetings are held at:
Dubuque Golf & Country Club
1800 Randall Place
Dubuque, IA 52003