A Letter From GabbyHere is a letter from our Foreign Extange Student
Click Here To View Current Letter
Considering all the wonderful things Rotary Club does in the community and the world, no wonder people in the community who want to make a difference join Rotary Club. This is a special sneak peak video and the first of several "Centennial Minutes" featuring members of Rotary Club telling how and why they joined Rotary Club. Produced by Sandi Helgerson and Gary Olsen.
Click Here to Pay Annual Dues
If you would like to pay your dues by credit card for the July 2015 - June 2016 year, please use PayPal and pay the full year’s dues.
There will be a $10 convenience fee added to cover finance charges for a total of $235.
Member Photos Directory
Click Here to view our membership listing.
Bylaws and Committee Guidelines / Procedures
The Dubuque Rotary is governed by Bylaws which have been approved by our membership. The link to the bylaws is below. In addition, you will find links to procedures/guidelines for some of the committees in our club. Additional guidelines/procedures will be added in the future as they are created.
Dubuque Rotary Bylaws
(adopted by club vote 12-2-14)
Recent Meeting News
The Rotary Rambler - November 14, 2017 Created and Submitted by Steve Davis, President
- By Barbara Barker
- Thanks to Tom Jaeger & Chuck Andracchio. $84 was raised for RYLA scholarships!
- Outbound Exchange: We have a very good applicant for the 2018/19 school year who will be interviewing with the district on November 18.The district is looking for members of our club to help with the interviews so please let me know if you're available on Saturday, November 18th from 9am to about 2pm.The interviews will take place in Cedar Rapids.
- Save the Date(s): The Rotary Club of Dubuque holiday party will be held on Friday, December 15th at 5pm at the Grand River Center. Please sign-up with Barbara Barker. Spouses, friends and guests are welcome!
- Paul Harris Fellow Recognition:The club's four newest Paul Harris Fellows were introduced this week. They are Sandi Helgerson, Angie Herting, Sharon Covey and Kerin Moldenhauer. The club and the Foundation sincerely appreciate your contributions which help in Rotary efforts worldwide!
- Paul Harris Fellow Match Program:As members of the Rotary Club of Dubuque, we are again afforded the opportunity to receive a 1:1 match on contributions of $100 to the Rotary Foundation from now until December 31st. This allows Rotarians to contribute (or to sponsor another person) an amount of $500 and receive a $500 match to earn them their Paul Harris Fellow designation (or a multiple pin). Please consider this as part of your annual giving and remember that all funds donated to the foundation are returned to club members for use as matching funds for global projects
Happy Dollars:Reminder that the Exit Realty/Marketplace Home Mortgage winter clothing drive is ongoing. Sara Lindecker will be at the meeting next week if you want to bring your donation to the meeting. Mary Ann Gassmann also reminds us of the screening of Repatriation at Mindframe on Sunday, November 19th at 6:30 pm. The cover charge and all proceeds will be donated to the Veteran's Freedom Center.
Program: We were happy to have representatives on hand from all 13 organizations who received a humanitarian grant from our club. In all, we awarded $20,000 to the organizations listed below who are doing tremendous work in our community. Thank you!
|Mt. Pleasant Home||Dubuque Regional Humane Society|
|Multicultural Family Center||Creative Adventure Lab|
|National TTT Society||St. Luke’s United Methodist Church|
|Stonehill Franciscan Services||Clarke University|
|Fountain of Youth||Compass to Care|
|Rising Star Theatre|
In Rotary Service,
Our fellow Rotarian, Gary Olsen, does a phenomenal job of recording audio and capturing on film all the fun we have at the weekly meetings. He works closely with Kevin Lynch's firm, Net Smart, to keep our club's website as a clear leader across all Rotary websites. If you missed the meeting or want to reminisce, I encourage you to check out the audio, and sometimes video, of the weekly meetings on www.dubuquerotary.org.
The Dubuque Rotary's weekly meeting is:
Meetings are held at:
Dubuque Golf & Country Club
1800 Randall Place
Dubuque, IA 52003